PALS are currently unable to receive visitors to our offices and services may change.
We would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience this causes and appreciate your continued support and understanding.
We aim to continue to provide support and a high level of service to patients, while also supporting our staff. Should you wish to make an enquiry or discuss a concern then please contact us by phone on 0203 447 3042 or email at email@example.com. We will respond as soon as we can, within the hours of 09:00 and 16:00, Monday-Friday. If you are unable to contact us yourself, please could you provide consent for a family member or friend to act on your behalf.
Please note PALS is not an emergency service. If you have concerns regarding your medical health, please contact your GP or NHS 111.
We know hospitals are large, complex organisations which can be confusing at times.
The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) provides impartial advice and assistance in answering questions and resolving concerns that patients, their relatives, friends and carers might have accessing the NHS services provided by UCLH.
If you have a concern that has not been adequately answered or resolved by staff, or a query that you would not feel comfortable speaking to staff about, the PALS team can help you.
- Listen to your concerns, worries, fears and queries about your experience in hospital and to help resolve problems quickly on your behalf.
- Arrange for you to meet the members of staff who are responsible for your care.
- Where appropriate liaise with other organisations on your behalf, eg another trust, GP.
- Pass on your comments and suggestions on improving our hospital services to the relevant management.
- If we are unable to resolve your concerns, we can provide you with information about UCLH's formal complaints process, and should you require assistance in making a complaint, we can provide you with information on the independent complaints advocacy service