The Education Department at the Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine.
Our Education Department, runs courses in integrated medicine for statutory registered health professionals.
Other contact information
Academic Unit Co-ordinator
Janet Joseph - email@example.com
The Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine
60 Great Ormond Street
London WC1N 3HR
The insomnia service is pleased to offer a two day training course in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Insomnia. In this course, candidates will learn how to deliver the most effective, evidence based treatments for insomnia. The course will cover:
- Psychoeducation for insomnia
- Behavioural interventions for insomnia
- Cognitive interventions for insomnia
- How to adapt the therapy for patients with comorbid medical and psychiatric conditions.
- How to deliver therapy to patients on sleeping medication.
- How to adapt the therapy for special social circumstances.
- How to manage difficult patient interactions and patient resistance.
- How to structure and organise a course of therapy.
- Practical considerations – equipment, resources, monitoring outcomes and what to do when patients do not respond to therapy.
The course will be delivered by clinicians who collectively have many thousands of hours of experience in delivering the therapy. Our goal is to not only teach candidates how to perform the therapy but also give them the confidence and practical tools to start running CBT for insomnia sessions independently.
For an application form please contact the Academic Unit.
This course is scheduled to now run in 2021
Integrating complementary medicine in everyday practice is currently being redesigned.
Please check back for an update or contact the academic unit.
The Musculoskeletal Medicine service is pleased to announce its Spring MSK Symposium.
Join us for a day of evidenced-based:
- Reversible dysfunction a review
- Chronic pain and emotions
- Autogenic training and chronic pain
- Physiotherapy interventions for FMS
- Yoga for medicine
- Osteopathic manipulation – a demonstration
- Tai-Chi Shibashi and chronic MSK pain –the evidence
- An integrated approach to illness
The day will run from 09:15 to 17:15 (six hours CPD).
Medical students are welcome to attend the hospital for SSM placements or individual visits.
The education department runs 'introductory days' once a year for statutory registered healthcare professionals, giving an opportunity to sample the teaching, tour the hospital and meet the teachers, hospital staff. On the open day, you will have a brief introduction to the ideas of integrated medicine. The programme runs from 14:00 to 16:00. Attendance is free and by reservation in advance. The next introductory day will be announced shortly.
Qualified statutorily registered healthcare professionals are welcome to attend the hospital for observership and suitable training. Please contact the academic unit for further information.