The general medicine service is led by two consultant physicians, supported by other experienced doctors and nurses, a dietitian, a physiotherapist, an occupational therapist and a psychotherapist.
We see patients with a variety of chronic and complex conditions. We are trained in several types of complementary medicine and may integrate these with conventional treatment where appropriate.
The service is primarily for the treatment of established conditions rather than diagnosis, and relevant investigations such as blood tests, scans and procedures should have already been completed before referral.
Other referral information
UCLH service name
Choose and book specialty
Complementary General Medicine
General medicine clinic
Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine
60 Great Ormond Street
London, WC1N 3HR
The first appointment will last about 40 minutes. The doctor will take a detailed medical and dietary history, perform a physical examination and also order any necessary investigations.
Follow-up appointments usually take about 20 minutes and are offered every 3-6 months.
- Recurrent infections, such as colds, sore throats, cystitis, thrush, chest infections and bacterial infections
- Some persistent symptoms where tests have not revealed a serious underlying disorder
- Asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Digestive disorders, for example, acid reflux, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease
- Endocrine (glandular) disorders such as under-active thyroid
- Type 2 diabetes
- Some types of heart disease, high blood pressure and palpitations (requiring no orthodox treatment)
- Chronic headaches such as migraine or tension-type headache
- Side effects of prescribed medications
It is important for your treatment that you attend your scheduled appointment at the Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine.
If your appointment is more than 24 hours away, please change or cancel it by using the online form below or calling us on 0203 456 7890.
If your appointment is within the next 24 hrs please call us on 0203 456 7890.
If you have any non-urgent queries regarding your appointment or our services please email us at email@example.com and we will respond to you within 72 hours.
The RLHIM is also a teaching hospital and from time to time other healthcare professionals may observe in outpatient clinics as part of a training course. We will always ask your permission for students to sit in during your consultation. You do not have to have students present if you would prefer not to.